Wood Furniture Plans
For you to make high quality furniture that, you can be proud to say I made this. You need to be confident in what you are making and how you are making it.
Steps need to be strong, chairs need to look amazing and not collapse, your book-case needs to hold books not spill them on the floor. Once you have the confidence in your furniture designs, the range of furniture you make will fill your house.
Making wood furniture is addictive, Once proud of your first furniture piece you will soon find other pieces to make, so proud you will be of the first piece.
Wood Furniture Plans are essential for you to make woof furniture that you can feel proud of.
Regardless of what you are making in wood, there are three things that matter.
- Is the finished article of a design you like with a finish you like.
- Are the plans of a type you feel comfortable with and can follow.
- Will the finished article be safe to use.
You need good wood furniture plans if the finished product is to be of a quality you can be proud of, and capable of doing the job you intended it to do. It doesn’t matter if you are making a china cabinet, a dresser, a set of bunk beds or even a work bench. (The last one in the list is probably the one you should carry out first. Working without a decent bench is a nightmare) you need high quality wood furniture plans to produce a high quality piece of furniture.
You will need:
- Detailed plans that are easy to follow
- The ability to change plans to suit the space you have
- Good design so furniture doesn’t collapse or buildings fall down
- Plans that have stood the test of time
- Aesthetic design that is pleasing, so you don’t end up with an incredibly strong piece of furniture that looks like a fruit box
- Plans that provide quality lists of required materials
- Plans that list tool requirements
So will Ted’s Woodworking Plans come up to scratch for you? Being to your liking, or easy for you to follow is a personal thing. The design and quality of the product is again a personal thing. The only way to know is to try them out. Many plans allow a trial period for you to try them out. This particular set of plans do that for a full 60 days so in that time you can make a number of items before deciding if they are the right plans for you. With 16000 plans it is hard to imaging ever needing any more plans in your lifetime.
This is a review of Ted’s Woodwork Plans
The wood furniture plans supplied are of good quality. Cutting and tool lists are provided together with detail drawings, sketches and advice on the various aspects of construction. (This is essential with any wood furniture plans you may buy. Any plans not supplying this information are useless to you.)
The wood furniture plans are in imperial measurements which for some may be a disadvantage. Personally I find imperial measurements better for accuracy as mistakes are less likely to be made. Rules are often in both imperial and metric so should not be much of a problem.
The detail in the plans is excellent.
A typical plan Consists of and in this order:
- A 3D sketch of the finished product.
- A description of the piece to be made and options available for sizing, so it will fit your home.
- All the tools required for the project.
- A shopping list of timbers, screws and anything else so you have everything before you start.
- A cutting list of the timber sections.
- A detailed list of finishing materials, including alternatives depending on timbers used and the required finish.
- A comprehensive section of tips and advice before you start the project. This section also contains the instructions for making the piece in fine detail. nothing is missed out or left to chance.
- Staining of the finished piece follows and includes a range of alternative finishes, how to prepare and apply finishes is comprehensively covered here.
- Health and safety advice is covered in-depth including first aid and prevention of problems associated with the finishing materials. Such as issues regarding vapors and disposal of used materials. A very important section to include.
- The final section is an expanded view of the piece showing every piece of wood, how it fits and even includes every screw. A complete set of plans leaving nothing to chance.
Having such a large quantity of plans means whatever piece of furniture is required you would not need another set of plans as every type of furniture you will ever need can be found here, for both beginners and advanced woodworkers. I was surprised at the sheer number of plans and the diverse nature of them. In addition to an amazing range furniture for inside the home, there are plans to make:
- Pet houses.
- Outdoor sheds.
- Pool Tables.
- Garden furniture.
- The list is endless.
Using plans from one supplier means, that use of the plans will be consistent. The need to learn how a new plan supplier designs their plans is eliminated, as all plans are from a single source and will be consistent throughout. On the whole I don’t think I have found a better source of plans for any project I could wish to attempt.
In addition to the plans and instructions, a number of bonus products are provided. The main bonus being a CAD drawing program for you to draw your own plans (is 16,000 plans not enough as that is what is supplied) The advantage of the software for me is the ability to modify existing plans to perhaps extend or shorten a piece of furniture or shelving to fit a particular recess or wall length you wish to put the furniture against.
Should your skills be lacking there are also a number of videos that will help you hone known skills and introduce new ones to you.
Ted’s Own video:
So do they come up to scratch? As said before the choice is very much a personal one. I think they do come up to scratch for me. Sometimes you have to try something and see for yourself. 60 days trial period gives plenty of time to find out without risk.
My Recommendation is to go for it. Make some furniture and be impressed as I am with these plans.
Check them out for your self at Ted’s Woodworking Plans here and take advantage of the brilliant discount available today.